This is the week that the CUBs, in a nail-biter game, kept hope alive for so many fans. Me included. So, for the first time in my history, I put October baseball at the top of my list. #GoCubsGo!
Another Monday, another day to take stock of the little and big things that make my life abundant.
- My newspaper job. I love interviewing people. Everyone has a different story. Everyone inspires me to a better person.
- Dr. Koch, the Dean of Students in the Written Communication Master of Science program at National Louis University. She encourages students to submit for the schools MOSAIC anthology. This week I attended the 2016 celebration of new writers, and I reconnected with my friends Emma and Susan. Lovely. Lovely, indeed.
- Grandkids and another Christmas Outing. I know that schedules are busier every year. It’s difficult to get 12 kids to go in the same direction. For now, I celebrate the commitment to celebrate together.
- Knitting looms. I made two hats while watching the Cubs game last night. One for my childhood doll, Jonesy-Belle. Yes, she’s a little worn by the years. So am I.
- Salon Cora and Denise. We plan a fundraiser for the local Food Pantry. Details are still in the works. We both committed to November.
- Ham and Swiss sandwiches on sour dough and Cheez-Its. I’ll throw in an apple for a little natural teeth cleaning and a bottle of water, and I’m set for my Amtrak trip to Michigan.
- A Loved-One who is also a CPA. This weekend he put together a tracking spreadsheet for the book sales. Yup, everything balances.
- Senior Citizen discounts that make travel affordable. Need I say more? Yay Amtrak.
- Wireless keyboards and wi-fi. I’m old enough to remember “portable” typewriters. I had one! Now I can fit my keyboard and my iPad in my purse, board Amtrak and I can work, play, read, and communicate while I travel.
- A new tool to hone my flute skills. Pretty affordable from Flute World.
- Of course, I love Halloween. Candy, kids, costumes. So much fun. I love that the neighborhood
What’s on your gratitude list this week? As always, your reminders make me realize how blessed I am. So please include a few in the comment section.