Whew! I’m so happy last week is in the review mirror. Deadlines converging and fluid schedule is wonderful in so many ways. And overwhelming in others.
CoCo got up in a grumpy mood. She complained all the way to work. Maybe a little gratitude?
“I can start.”
“I’m thankful I’m healthy, I’m thankful all my grandchildren live within driving distance, and I’m thankful all my children are alive and healthy.” (Just the evening before, we went to a Chicago Sky game with my friend Pat, whose daughter, CoCo’s friend died this past year. Her grief is still so close to the surface.)
“I’m thankful I’m healthy, too.” (Harrumph)
That’s a start.
So here’s my list in no particular order.
- Steel-cut oatmeal with blueberries and apples on a cool morning;
- A home in the migratory path of orchard orioles and humming birds;
- Canna Lilies that become more abundant each year;
- The squeal and hiss of school-bus brakes;
- New zucchini recipes;
- Long walks in mild temperatures;
- My first-born son who agreed to spend his birthday with me;
- Loved-Ones agreeable sous-chef abilities;
- In-house vacuum;
- Eggplant Parmigiano made vegetables still smelling like warm earth.
Like starting the week with gratitude. Please join Laurel’s Link-up by clicking over to her Alphabet Salad.