How could I fail to mention a soul full of hearty gratitude for a Cubs win this weekend? Of course! I mean, I’ve only been a fan for 30 or so years. I’ve only been around for one sorrowful example of the curse come true, the Bartman Ball. Oh, poor Bartman, he was only following the instincts of any baseball fan: catch the ball. I missed the 1969 Black Cat curse, and the Billy Goat curse happened before I was even born. It’s been 71 years since the Cubs won at NL pennant and 108 years since they won the World Series. Yes, this could be the year for the Lovable Losers. And who better for the Cubs to play against than the team with the next longest drought: the Cleveland Indians. The last time the Indians won? 48 years ago.
Here’s a list of a few other things, in no particular oder, that are on my gratitude list:
- Dove hairspray. It smells terrific and holds like crazy. And it’s not super stiff, leaving my hair touchable.
- Head-sized avocados from Florida and my lovely friend, Lorna who sent me two. OMGosh! This is the first time I ever saw an avocado this big. One avocado made enough guacamole for the whole party.
- My home in the dark. I know it’s kind of silly, but I really like the way the lights shine out into the yard. It looks so warm and inviting.
- Early morning walks with Loved-One. There’s no better way to start the day that hand-in-hand with the man I share my life with.
- Fall concerts. Mr. D is on Thursday. I just missed Mr. N, because I birthday trumps a concert;
- Twins celebrate a decade of life.
- Erasable highlighters. I got mine from Levenger. I love how they don’t bleed through the paper and I can erase them if I want.
- Book sales and reviews on Amazon. I wonder if that will ever get old. Not as epic as the Grand Canyon, but just about as likely for me to tire of.
- Political cartoons that make me laugh out loud.
- The sound of raking dry leaves into piles.
- The annual Halloween Party. More subdued this year as schedules overlapped. Still, all but one, Wrestler #1, who was out of town, made it to the party. In costumes, soon to be shed. Loved-One and I dressed as Hillary Clinton and Ken Bones.
What’s on your list this week? Please share in the comments. Sharing your blessings always reminds me of more reasons to show gratitude.