Mr. B turned 18 this month. We gave him a choice of birthday presents: 1) cash; 2) shopping with G-Mom; 3) dinner a day at Open House Chicago. He picked a day with us in Chicago. I tried to imagine how I’d react if my grandmother offered me a day with her in Chicago. Oh yeah, Grandma was pretty cool for a grandma. Still, I feel really blessed that Mr. B chose us, and Chicago, as a birthday present.
Here’s a few more things on my gratitude list this week:
- Fall colors in full swing. I began to think about fall ’16 as a muted shade of brown and orange, when suddenly a palette of reds, purples, and golds jumped out at me. I’m sure the hickory turned vibrate gold between Sunday and Monday morning. I waited, I watched, and all at once, transformation.
- Hybrid plants that add to the glory of natural fall colors.
- Trips to the apple orchard with little ones and all you the samples you desire.
- Chicago’s vibrancy, just a metra ride away.
- Paypal apps for the iPhone, so I can accept credit card payments with ease.
- Lunch with old friends.
- Senior discounts and weekend rates.
- Chicago Style hotdogs and Pizza and a grandson who appreciates those things more than high dining. (He could pick anywhere to eat!)
- Coco friend, Erica, who told me all about Open House Chicago and encouraged us to go.
- Balmy weather keeping winter at bay.
- Allergy medicine that makes the itching go away and doesn’t leave me drowsy.
- Readers who tell me how much they enjoyed reading A Ship of Pearl.