On Mondays I Link to Laurel and her Alphabet Salad to share gratitude. Please be sure to click on over and see the gratitude she, and others, share.
This weekend we celebrated Miss G’s eighth birthday. She and her two brothers are the grandchildren that live the furthest from me. It takes us about and hour-fifteen if traffic and construction don’t thwart us. I am so grateful all fourteen of my grandchildren live so close by. Besides a rollicking game of kickball around some outdoor pools, Miss G loved the cake I made her. Three are coming over this morning to help me with yardwork. I am truly blessed.
Here are just a few random things for which I give thanks this week.
- Fireworks: I love 4th of July fireworks. How many can I get to this year? They start on Thursday in my town, and cycle through neighboring towns all weekend long. Woot!Woot!
- Fish: My two koi (Zorro and Bleu) are thriving. They help me keep the pond ecosystem in check, and I believe I finally outsmarted the Blue Heron. YaHoo!
- Muscles: I have some. Thanks to Body Pump at the local health club, an exercise partner, and building a retention wall in the backyard, I now look like a mini Incredible Hulk. Okay, I can see some muscle definition in my shoulders and neck. WeeHa!
- Bicycle: I love riding my bike. I feel like a kid again. Especially now that my new bike is a cool shade of turquoise and has a seat and handle bars that let me kick my legs out and coast. Wheeeeeeeee!
- Friends: Friends from church, friends in my neighborhood, friends from long ago, new friends, blogger friends, family friends, and blends of all of these. You make my life full. Ahhhh!
- Rain: My surroundings are like a rainforest so far this summer. Flowers and vegetables, shrubs and grass are all flourishing. And no need to drag a hose around to water. Mmmmm….
- Cats: Oh Sasha and Misha, you crack me up. They play a game of “fetch the Beanie Babies” every day, climb in my lap when I’m reading, and nest on my desk when I’m writing. My-O-My.
- Mom: I am so lucky to talk to her every week. She is so full of wisdom and fun.
- Fitbit: 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs is my daily goal. Fitbit gives me a reason to move. PushIt!
- Kim: A gift of musicality, our church choir director. This Sunday she’s back after her vacation. She has the gift of making everyone sound better. I don’t know how she does it, but she does. WowWee-PowWee!
What’s on your gratitude list this week?