Yes, it happened. This morning I began feeling sorry for myself. Why? I guess I just needed some Tear Water Tea. CoCo’s transition to independent living hit a speed-bump. Or was that my transition that hit a speed-bump. Anyhow, she came home, saw some changes in the homestead, and a downward spiral ensued. She so wanted Loved-One to have a good Father’s Day. He did, and then he didn’t.
I missed sharing gratitude last week. I have a boat load of work to do. I really don’t have time to sit down and share my blessings. Who cares anyways? I wrote a meager list. Then this happened.
One of my first Blogger friends posted after a long-long hiatus. I “met” her when she lived in Adelaide, Australia. She’s back in India now. She’s had some
struggles, including her apartment burning, which resulted in her going blind for several months. She shared that on her blog, so I free to share that here. Still, we’ve kept in touch through Facebook and Messenger. Technology really is so good to me. Please mosey on over to visit Nikki at Snippits of Me. Show her some love, and tell her I sent you.
Next, I got my first laugh-out-loud moment of the day from Rubber Shoes in Hell. What was so funny? Michelle laughing. Or is it Randy saying “monkey pant?” I tried hard to hold on to my Eeyore mood. But monkey pants or monka pants, or monkeeee pants, just wouldn’t let me.
All the while, I ran outside every 30 minutes to move the sprinkler to water another part of my gardens: flowers and vegetables. Each time, I tried to master the science of adjusting the sprinkler just right. Really, I pretty much ran in and out of the spray, like a kid on a hot summer day. Wheeeee!
Here’s a few more things on my list:
- Clown Car Masters Group: Only one meeting and the support fills me with energy and support. Yes I Can.
- Freelance photo-journalist gigs that introduce me to new people, stories, and the joy of writing.
- Chances to play my flute at church and with people I admire.
- More love than hate in the world.
- Thanks yous for doing next to nothing.
- Opportunities to do good.
- Sister and fellow writers out there in the universe sending me good vibes and encouragement.
- My little Prayer Box that invites me to keep things in perspective.
What’s on your gratitude list this week? What do you do to get yourself out of the dumps?