This is where I grew up. This is where I am. This is reason enough to pause and count my blessings. It’s not that I grew up with a lot. I didn’t. Well, wait a minute. Yes, I did. I grew up with a lot of siblings. I grew up with a lot of space. I grew up with a lot of responsibility. I grew up with a lot of stimulation. And, I grew up with a lot of encouragement. All that other STUFF is highly over-rated. I’m back on my home turf feeling relaxed, and loved, and with plenty of room to breathe.
So here’s a few more more things that brought me joy this week, in no particular order.
- A Pinterest idea for making s’mores in a sugar ice cream cone. I can’t wait to they This.
- A new tent, that sets up in 5 minutes and has a closet.
- A family where late-comers will be accommodated. Yes, you are welcomed to join. You know. Whenever.
- A granddaughter to SnapChat with. I love your silly faces Miss S.
- Taste of Chicago at Lunch break. (That’s me in a virtual photo-boom.)
- Audible books so I can “read” while I drive.
- A super-successful book club meeting organized by Karen. Can’t wait to have more!
- Friends to share my journeys. A special thanks to Joan and Julie this week.
That’s just a few off the top of my heart. What brings you bliss this week? I love how your comments remind me of more reasons to be thankful.