Do you like a reader’s guide as you go through a novel? Or for your book club?
Here are a few questions to consider as you read A Ship of Pearl:
- Which character do you find most interesting? Why?
- Which character surprised you?
- Were there any characters you could identify with?
- What do you think Mrs. Bidrall was like outside of the classroom?
- Eldie, Ephraim, and Dallas seemed more innocent than today’s youth. Did they really live in a simpler time?
- Why did Ellie love and hate Ephraim?
- Why do you think the author wrote the novel from Eldie’s point of view?
- Who would you like to know more about?
- What significance does the title have to the story?
- Ronne Hartfield compares the author to an artist. Do you agree?
- Has the novel broadened your perspective or provided any insights?
- Was the ending satisfying?
- If you could ask the author one question, what would it be?
I love book clubs. Here’s some of the reasons why?
I read books I might not otherwise read.
I gain insight into books I read by listening to other opinions.
I make new friends.
My writing improves when I listen to readers.
I’m happy to attend your book club, either in-person, or perhaps virtually. Please fill out the form below to arrange a date.